Home > wedding dress > 18th May Cream Chiffon Dress
18th May Cream Chiffon Dress
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 by Unknown
I finished this dress yesterday, it's not a 'make a dress a day' more like make a dress in two weeks! Originally made in purple as a custom order for bridesmaids and now created in cream for a graduation. I am very, very happy with the cream!
The bodice pleats are all hand sewn in place and can be very fiddly but it's well worth it in the end, I love the way the chiffon drapes. Just wish it wasn't so slippery!
Will have to try it in organza next or other sheer fabrics and maybe prints. It's very similar to my tulle prom dress in construction and it's amazing how every fabric folds so differently.
Category Article alexandra king, chiffon dress, chiffon prom dress, cream prom dress, dresses, make a dress a day, makemeadress, vintage prom dress, wedding dress