River Cottage Tweet Up

Anna and me in the actual River cottage kitchen!!!!
Last night we were treated to a fabulous tweet up at The River Cottage near Axminster hosted by the wonderful Marry Me Somerset ladies.

When you work on your own these networking events can be a bit scary, luckily I had Anna with me to stop me talking too much nonsense and my ever wonderful Mum (it's only fair that she gets to come along after so much backing).
Everyone was so lovely, and this way of networking (meeting people face to face) is really important. It's great to know who else is about, what they do and then you can recommend people genuinely. People in the same industry are a wealth of tips and ideas and no one is ever mean, not to your face anyway. I always think people will say they hate me and my dresses or something awful or point and laugh in a nightmarish way, they really didn't though, honestly! Everyone just wants to share what they do. 

The River Cottage dining table!
We had a tractor ride down to the farm which is stunning and the most gorgeous elderflower fizz on arrival.
There were so many interesting people there, a reformed pap using his skills to take stunning photographs, the sweetest florist who you would definitely love working with, Elenor Yeo and the amazing candle maker (we will all want one of these) from Cobweb Designs .    

It was great to eventually meet the lovely blooming Boho Bride in person and the delightful Lucy Shergold (this lady really knows how to photograph a dress!)
I even bumped into a close friends wedding stylist which was quite a shock and a giggle! The little wedding helper.

The real highlight of the evening was talking to Sassi Holford, I actually said the words 'sorry I'm just a little star struck right now' to her. What an idiot I am! Sassi was so lovely, gave us some amazing advice and is truly a massive inspiration. One Day .........

The evening ended with a lovely chat with Sabine from G Lily floral design. This is why networking is so good sometimes, you get to meet people in person that motivate you and inspire you to move forward which is worth a million tweets, adverts and facebook posts!

a blurry tractor ride back, sorry my camera really didn't like the ambient lighting :(

One more for the tractor ride home,  a wonderful lady selling great cider in her portable Cider Shed.
I think that's enough name dropping for one day or year! x


Category Article , , , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...